REVIEW | E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick, The Body Shop Flawless Skin Protecting Foundation & E.L.F. Mineral Foundation
This is how I look without makeup. I look very exhausted. :(
This is my E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick (Apricot Beige). This is the only concealer I have because I don't really use concealers that much.
The concealer on my dark areas. This photo was taken before blending it. After blending it (sorry, no photo was taken), I realized that the shade was too light for me. That's why I decided to blend in a cream-based foundation.
This is my mom's The Body Shop Flawless Skin Protecting Foundation SPF 25 (#2). I borrowed it because this matches my skin tone better than my concealer. I applied this on my face and blended it with the concealer.
Now, my skin looks better with the cream foundation applied on.
To set the concealer and cream foundation, I used this E.L.F. Mineral Powder Foundation (fair). Now I'm done with concealer, cream foundation and powder foundation.
E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick
- Very affordable. (around 130 pesos)
- Handy. You can bring it anywhere.
- Can actually cover some dark spots.
- Can be found easily in the department stores.
- Can also be used as a primer.
- Lasts long.
- The packaging isn't that sturdy. When I twisted the knob of the concealer, the applicable part broke and was separated from the container.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Will I repurchase? Yes, if I find a darker shade.
The Body Shop Flawless Skin Protecting Foundation SPF 25
- Easy to blend with my concealer.
- Smooth when applied.
- My mom got this on sale: buy one, take one. (around 1200 pesos)
- Dries as a powder.
- It has SPF 25.
- It has marula oil that helps repair skin's moisture barrier.
- It has baobab oil (contains Vit. A, E anf F) that encourages skin cell regeneration.
- The metal-like packaging is very classy-looking.
- A bit expensive when not on sale.
- I prefer to use a foundation brush than the sponge applicator that is included in the packaging.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Will I repurchase? Yes, even if it's not on sale! :)
E.L.F. Mineral Foundation
- I used it to set the cream foundation and it gave me a matte effect which I love.
- Smooth finish.
- Affordable. (399.75 pesos)
- It has SPF 15.
- Note about the 100% Mineral advertised by the product: Link Here
(Now I wonder if the "No Parabens, No Preservatives, No chemical dyes" claims are true.)
- It is stated that it is made in China but I don't understand why they need to cover it with a sticker to hide it. Is it because the item is really made from other country or they are ashamed that it is made in China? I really don't know.
Overall Rating: 5/10
Will I repurchase? No. I guess honesty is really important for me.