Approximately 2 weeks ago, I purchased this Sephora Color Diary from Sarahpotpot Onlinestore. I got it for Php 1800.00 plus shipping fee.
Here's the description from SEPHORA's website.
What it is:A portable compact with lip gloss, blush, and an ensemble of five snap-in eyshadow palettes.
What it does:
Color Diary is the newest collection of five event-themed color palettes designed to create an eminently wearable range of looks. From new fashion-forward shades to classic must-have colors, just choose a palette, snap it into the compact, and go!
Interchangeable Color Palettes:
- Hot Date At Eight: Seductive, smoky grays and black
- Relax And Unplug: Shimmery nudes and soft browns
- Meditation Retreat: Soothing greens and browns
- Day At The Museum: Primary colors like red, yellow and blue
- Must Get New Shoes: Flirty pinks and purples
This set contains:
- Six eyeshadow palettes
- Tube lip gloss
What else you need to know:
These high-payoff formulas in interchangeable palettes are exclusive to SEPHORA COLLECTION. The lip gloss comes with a doe foot applicator that requires no other tools for application.
I received it a day after sending the payment via GCash. The item is covered with bubble wrap. Kudos to the seller!
It has this clear plastic to cover the palettes
Can you see my hand up there? That's mirror #1. Very useful when you want to combine different shades from different palettes.
How to put the mini palette inside the portable palette?
There's a hole under each palette. With a finger, you can push the palette up and transfer it.
Snap it in the portable palette.
So handy, isn't it?
Here are the palettes one by one with the eye shadow swatches (blush followed by the eye shadow).
Relax And Unplug: Shimmery nudes and soft browns.
The shades are light and shimmery. Perfect for everyday neutral look.
Hot Date At Eight: Seductive, smoky grays and black.
If you're a fan of smoky eyes, you'll like this.
Must Get New Shoes: Flirty pinks and purples.
This, for me, is for the girly-girly ones.
Meditation Retreat: Soothing greens and browns.
Great combination of colors.
Day At The Museum: Primary colors like red, yellow and blue.
Very bright colors.
- Great for beginners because of the matched color palettes.
- Very cheap compared to other products.
- The gloss are very sheer. (I would suggest using lipstick first before the gloss)
- Some aren't that pigmented and some are a bit chalky.
- No eyeshadow and blush applicators included.
- Packaging isn't really classy.
- Can't be seen in the department stores. (if you're in the Philippines, like me)
Overall rating: 7/10