Some of you may know that I am obsessed with defining my eyebrows. I don't really know why but eversince I started using makeup, I always see to it that I define my brows and that I update myself with the latest products for brows once in a while. I don't know much yet about brow products. I am still learning.
While watching Anna's P500 Makeup Challenge video, I saw this pencil that she used for her eyebrows and I was blown away. I love the effect on her brows that's why I bought one for myself.
So this is my Nichido Cosmetics Extra Waterproof, Protective Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Brown. I actually forgot to look if it has other shades available. I will update this post once I ran out and bought a new one.
This is how much product it has inside. Quite enough for its price.
This is the brush that is attached to it's cap. This is very useful as it spreads the product very well.
Here are the swatches I took. I tried to apply it thinly at first then layered it on the second and third.
After swatching the product, I was asked by my mom to assist her in cleaning out garage so the back of my hand (where I swatched the product) got wet. I tried rubbing off the product after my hands got wet and it came off. I can still see a little of that product on my hand though.
Here, I tried to really remove it by rubbing really hard.
Of course, I need to let you see how it transformed my not so groomed eyebrow. There's really a big difference, right?
|Contact lenses from Dull to Doll|
- Packaging wise, I love that it came with a brush that really functions well. It's great for distributing the product evenly.
- Retractable. I actually have a love and hate feel to retractable pencils but I still prefer it over those that need to be sharpen pa.
- The product is really creamy making it easier for me to shape and fill in my brows. I like creamy pencils than the hard, chalky ones because I hate the feel of hurting my skin while drawing or filling in my brows.
- It stays put for more that 6 hours. I usually top this off with a loose translucent powder to make it last longer. Or, if available, I top it with a brow gel.
- The shade is just right on days I wanted my brows to be dark.
- It did not irritate my skin.
- Locally available.
- Affordable. You really get what you paid for.
- Product name and description get easily scratched off.
- Ingredients, manufacturing and expiry dates were not written.
- Prone to breakage since it's retractable. I just need to be careful.
- If applied too heavily, it may look awkward since it's really creamy.
I would suggest to set this with powder or brow gel. If used as eyeliner, top it with powder eyeshadow.
Where to purchase?
Check out Nichido counters in department stores nationwide.
Packaging/Apperance = 4/5
Effectiveness = 4/5
Availability = 5/5
Affordability = 5/5
OVERALL = 4.5/5
I love this product. This is the perfect brow pencil for me as of the moment.
What is your favorite eye pencil? Share it below on the comment section. I'd love to interact with you. ^_^
Follow me on Bloglovin and NetworkedBlogs (check on the sidebar).
God bless! ^_^
Disclaimer: Item bought by my own money and reviewed with an honest and unbiased viewpoint. I am not affiliated with the brand in any way.